In order to ensure stable operation, long life and low leakage performance of the mechanical seal, it is very important to install it correctly on the machine. Things to be aware of when installing:
(1) Confirmation of parts
When installing the mechanical seal on the machine, it should be well compared with the general assembly drawing before installation to confirm whether the parts are ready. In this case, pay attention to the abnormal phenomenon such as sealing and rubbing the sealing surface and sealing ring. Also, pay attention to the shaft or sleeve surface, flange and other parts that are in contact with the packing, sealing ring (O-ring), etc., if there is any abnormality, it must be replaced or repaired before use.
When actually installing, do not bring more than necessary parts to the site. If the parts are left after installation, there will be missing parts during installation. If the parts are insufficient, it means unnecessary parts are assembled. The parts are on, which also plays a role in self-test during installation.
(Some people think that a good assembler does not need drawings and other marks. This is wrong. Then he is just a skilled worker and not a good repairman.)
(2) Installation location
The installation method varies with the type of mechanical seal and the type of machine. I will not go into details here. III. Technical requirements for installation.
Mechanical seals are mechanical components of higher precision, and their proper installation and operation have a major impact on their service life. We generally follow the standards set by the Ministry of Petroleum and Chemical Industry.
The technical requirements for the pump and mechanical seal fitting part of the mechanical seal are as follows: 1. Shaft bending degree: the maximum is not more than 0.05 mm;
2. The rotor is oscillated: the vicinity of the sleeve at the moving ring seal is not more than 0.06 mm;
3, the axial movement of the shaft is not allowed to exceed ± 0.5 mm, if the sleeve is not allowed, the sleeve is not allowed to loose;
4, the alignment error of the coupling: for the gear coupling is not more than 0.08 ~ 0.10 mm (P2008C), for the flexible coupling is not more than 0.05 ~ 0.06 mm; (habitual practice end jump <0.05, diameter jump <0.10 )
5 The gland (static ring seat) and the sealing fit stop have a concentricity tolerance of 0.05 mm to the center line of the shaft, and the perpendicularity of the plane to the center line with the gasket has a tolerance of 0.03 to 0.05 mm, if the requirement is not met. The sealed cavity is to be processed;
6. Install the end of the bushing of the moving ring seal and the end of the gland (or casing) on which the static ring seal is to be chamfered and smooth. Fourth, the cause of the failure
Mechanical seal failures are generally known by abnormal leakage, abnormal wear, abnormal torque, and the like. The causes of the failure are roughly as follows:
1. The design of the mechanical seal is not correct;
2, the mechanical seal quality is not good;
3. The accuracy of the machine itself that uses or installs the mechanical seal does not meet the requirements;
4. The machine is operating incorrectly.
- What Is A Sealing Piece
- Development Of Sealing Parts
- Classification Of Use Of Sealing Parts
- Storage Of Sealed Parts
- The General Knowledge Of The Sealing Parts Purc...
- Key Points Of Use Of Sealing Parts
- Factors Affecting The Sealing Parts
- Precautions For Sealing Parts
- Common Name Of Seals
- The Industry Status Of Sealing Parts
- Causes And Analysis Of Seal Failure
- Analysis Of The Cause Of Seal Failure