Mechanical seal is a kind of precision device, its sealing effect and service life depend not only on design, manufacture and correct selection, but also on the installation and cleaning of seals and operating conditions.
1. Sealed cavity space.
Check the diameter and depth of the seal chamber according to the selected Seal model specifications and must comply with the seal Dimensions and requirements as shown on the assembly diagram.
2. Axial movement of the shaft. The axial movement of a sealed shaft or sleeve shall be kept within 0.08mm.
3. Radial swimming of the shaft.The radial swimming volume of a rotating shaft shall not be greater than 0.08mm.
4. The axis of the rotation center line and the vertical degree of sealing surface. The verticality is not more than 0.03mm in the diameter range of the sealing surface.
5. Concentricity of the rotating centerline of the shaft and the sealing cavity hole. Requires control within 0.13mm.
6. Surface roughness of shaft or sleeve. The surface roughness at the contact point of the shaft or sleeve and the auxiliary seal ring shall be below 0.32um.
7. Chamfer of sleeve, shaft shoulder and gland. The shoulder of the shaft or sleeve of the ring seal is installed, and the leading edge of the ring seal or the hole of the shell should be inverted to prevent the scratch of the elastic element.
8. Confirm the static and dynamic ring clean, each seal ring intact, spring, washer and other metal members shall not have scars and burr flying edge, good coordination, tight and moderate.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Precautions when removing mechanical seals
- Normal operation and maintenance of mechanical ...
- Notice of selecting mechanical seals
- Mechanical seals follow and use technical requi...
- Mechanical seal installation should generally f...
- Auxiliary Equipment and sealing systems
- Analysis of leakage causes of mechanical seals ...
- Maintenance of mechanical seals for pumps
- The advantages of mechanical seals
- Cause of seal failure
- Mechanical seal characteristics for cauldron
- Selection and application of mechanical seals
- Leakage problems of mechanical seals and repair...
- the types of High pressure seal